2004 jinma 284 injector pump fuel flow

Forum Forums Tractor Troubleshooting 2004 jinma 284 injector pump fuel flow

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ian Richards
      Participant

Hello.

Injector pump has fuel everywhere, but won’t pump to injector lines.

Backstory. Only 350 hours, and runs great. Always starts. To shut off the tractor, you pull the fuel cut off. This time, I started the tractor and it seems the throttle is stuck open, and the engine goes to max rpm. I pull the fuel cut and the engine shuts down. I recheck throttle and try to restart. But it won’t start. Not getting fuel. Check flow from (full) tank to the top of injector pump and have diesel at all points. Thinking it must have some air, I crack open injector line, and it’s full of diesel. I turn over the motor, but no squirting on any of the three.

Now I’m back to the fuel cut off. I notice the set screw on the cable slipped about a half inch. The fuel cut valve of the side of the injector pump can move a bit either side of center. So I wonder if this is why no fuel is being pumped to each cylinder. I read somewhere that the fuel cut valve is (closed)(open)(closed), with open somewhere in the middle? I’ve tried moving the valve but can get fuel to pump to injector lines. I also wonder about the overrun issue. Thanks Ian

Piper184
        Participant

The fuel cut off lever should be full forward to be in “Run”.

The throttle linkage is at idle when full forward. See Picture.

If your throttle linkage is not loose and you had a run away, I suspect there is an issue with the governor. I would recommend draining and replacing the oil as the first easy step. Instructions are on page 40 of this document:

http://harnerfarm.net/Jinma/Files/jinma_manual.pdf

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          Bob Rooks
          Participant

Since you pulled the stop lever from the full fuel position the rack could be jammed in the no fuel position. Since there is no mechanical connection between the throttle linkage and the rack you may have to remove the side cover to free it up. If you had a seemed runaway with the throttle in the full fuel position you may be ok, but if the throttle was at idle or half you do have a governor problem.

Account deleted.

DavidPrivett
            Participant

well it has been a few days off the air have you made any progress since?

Ian Richards
              Participant

well it has been a few days off the air have you made any progress since?

yes success yesterday.  Finally got some time to dig into the injector pump.

removed oil filter and housing with spacer.  Now I can access all three screws on     governor.  I cracked open the case, and it was bone dry.  Rusty and seized.   Everything .  No large ball bearings in mine.  There are 4 square blocks that pivot and a cylinder with a small bearing inside.  The fuel cut off piston was stuck out.

i cleaned,  lubed. And reassembled.  And she fired right up! :yahoo:

Thanks for the support.

ian

Bob Rooks
                Participant

Excellent news, Ian. Glad it was something simple. Thanks for the feedback.

Account deleted.

DavidPrivett
                  Participant

was there the correct level of oil(15w40) in the pump? It might be a good idea to run it a little and drain the pump to see if there is fuel in there mixed with the oil. The reservoirs are small and refilling can take patience, overfilling is easy.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.