2005 Foton FT254 auxiliary valves

Forum Forums Tractor Modifications 2005 Foton FT254 auxiliary valves

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gene Kirby
      Participant

I have a 2005 Foton FT254 tractor. The assembly on the right size of the tractor just behind where your foot goes has an assembly with two Auxiliary valves with levers and steel tubing. This assembly leaks a lot of hydraulic fluid. I have no use for these valves and would like to remove the entire assembly. The inlet  steel  tube comes from the hydraulic pump/ hydraulic steering  and goes to the valves. The outlet steel tube goes from the assembly and connects in the area of the hydraulic fluid tank/3- point hitch area. I was just wondering if I could remove the entire assembly, and braze the two steel tubs end-to-end. To complete the circuit without the assembly.

Gene Kirby
        Participant

I don’t know if the 3-point hitch has a built-in pressure relief valve, or if I would have to put one inline in the steel tubing.

DavidPrivett
          Participant

I would suggest figuring out what is leaking and just fix it, it might just have loosened up fitting. have you pulled the seat and floor board out yet? I thought that I had a bad remote valve cause it would not actuate properly. ended up just a piece of wood jammed in the control that I could not see till I pulled off the floor board panel.

Piper184
            Participant

Are these valves with levers screwed onto the tubes? If so you could probably just remove them and put caps on the tubes. If you bought your tractor used it is possible that the valves were put on to replace the quick connectors. If they are common hardware store water valves they can’t take the pressure of the hydraulic system.

My Jinma 284 had quick connectors on the ends of the tubes. If they are the same as the quick connects for the FEL they are just 1/2″ pipe thread.

If your tractor is like mine the pressure relief is in the proportioning valve near the bottom of the steering column.

If possible please post a photo of these valves and point out where the fluid is leaking. That will allow us to better understand what is going on and make suggestions from there.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.