3 Point float and slop makes for difficult Backhoe work

Forum Forums Tractor Implements 3 Point float and slop makes for difficult Backhoe work

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      postgenerate
      Participant

Howdy,
        Jinma 354, with a LW7 (and ZL-30). Had this for 10 years and I am finally getting tired of this. Digging with the backhoe raises the 3-point hitch. making the backhoe stabilizer arms useless. I want to be able to lock down the 3 point hitch to make it more rigid. How can I do this? Is a subframe mount the only way? Thanks in advance.

If I missed any previous post on this please point it out. I think I have read the entire forum before posting.

Tom.

DavidPrivett
        Participant

the lift arms are gravity down so I GUESS you would have to come off the tractor frame with something ridged to connect to the arms. some sort of safety would need to be added so if activated lift hydros would not be damaged.  I guess that when you are compacting with the bucket it pushes the arms up?

Bob Rooks
          Participant

The best way is to install a rigid top link, and it works great. These come stock on LiTW backhoes. I gave instructions on how to make one in another thread.

Account deleted.

Bob Rooks
            Participant

Hal and his infinite wisdom seems to have removed the search tool.

Account deleted.

postgenerate
              Participant

The best way is to install a rigid top link, and it works great. These come stock on LiTW backhoes. I gave instructions on how to make one in another thread.

Thanks David and Bob, I now see the threads on the rigid top link. The instructions look a little different than what would be needed for my LW6 but non the less I will investigate. My really big concern is I can’t see how this link will not be shredded / trashed when the 3-point lift is raised or lowered. It seams like you would have to put the 3-point lift at a precised setting and hope it does not drift.

Bob Rooks
                Participant

Thanks David and Bob, I now see the threads on the rigid top link. The instructions look a little different than what would be needed for my LW6 but non the less I will investigate. My really big concern is I can’t see how this link will not be shredded / trashed when the 3-point lift is raised or lowered. It seams like you would have to put the 3-point lift at a precised setting and hope it does not drift.

I have not heard of a rigid top link failing. It is designed to be installed/connected at operating height, or as you said, a predetermined setting. Believe me, it is as stable as a frame mount, and no, it doesn’t drift at all (what’s to drift, it’s rigid).

Account deleted.

NuJinma
                  Participant

You will have that slop with a 3 pt. I sold my 3pt how after trying to come up with a solution, but the frame mount is a real hassle to attach and is low so drags on things you would generally clear. For the small amount of work I do, I preferred the 3 pt.

postgenerate
                    Participant

Could someone please send me pics and instructions on building a rigid top link again.? I need to re-visit this again. my standard top link snapped yesterday and nearly killed me. Thanks, Tom W.

DavidPrivett
                      Participant

bob rooks I think pretty much left this forum you might want to search his name for this ,glad you are not dead.

yocsr
                        Participant

I have a Brands three point hoe. Bob had me send him pics an a couple of measurements and he sent me schematics for a rigid toplink to fit my hoe. I made it to his schematics and works perfectly. There is absolutely no movement. I dug a waterline 5′ deep a third of a mile thru mine reclaim. I dug thru every imaginable. Works great.

DavidPrivett
                          Participant

cool glad it worked out for you , I miss Bob on this forum he has so much knowledge.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.