6.00×16 tube replacement

Forum Forums Tractor Operation And Maintenance 6.00×16 tube replacement

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DemocracyNow
      Participant

Replaced my 1400 hour front inner tube 6.00×16 with a 7.50×16 tube. Agri-supply out of NOrth Carolina insisted it would work.
        It went flat after one month with what appeared to be an elongated leak created by a crease.
        Tractor supply has one 6.50x 1600 that I am forced to buy.

DemocracyNow
        Participant

Update on Jinma 6.00×16 tube replacement;

While removing the slow leaking 7.50×16 new replacement tube ,that replaced the original 6.00×16 tube I discover a block of wood lodged between the new replacement tube and tire. That block of wood damaged the 7.50×16 replacement tube.
          So as it stands my assessment is that a 7.50x 16 tube will replace a 6.00×16 tube.
          Ps,The 16×6.50×8 tube from Tractor Supply will not fit and is much too small. Live and learn !

DemocracyNow
          Participant

https://www.millertire.com/cart.php

This company advertised this size tube. 6.00-16

DavidPrivett
            Participant

dont you hate it when you make a mistake like that and then have a redo the same sucky job again.

DemocracyNow
                Participant

David;Been a mechanic all my life but am learning about tractor inner tubes lately.
                  The Harbor Freight tire changer I bought 12 years ago has more than paid for itself. Just needs a super solid base to bolt to.
                  And this homemade/purchased tool work great with the changer.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.